Well, folks, Peanut is officially 39 weeks in my belly.
39 weeks. Do you know how long that is? That's 1 week before the due date.
Needless to say, we're getting antsy over here. Or rather, we were getting antsy around 38 weeks. Now we're just plain impatient.
I can't believe that the last 2 weeks of pregnancy can feel as long as the first 9 months!
I did read something on one of the forums I follow that makes me want to be just a little more patient: these are the last couple of weeks that Peanut will be completely comfortable before she is birthed, poked, prodded, cold, and hungry. So just for you, my little Peanut, we'll try to be super patient.
Plus I'm still feeling really great so I should be thankful for that.
But just for fun.
Things I can't wait to do again once the baby comes:
- Bend over
- Sit up or stand up without having to rock back and forth a couple of times
- Have a glass of wine or champagne
- Take an extra hot bath
- Not pee every 5-20 minutes
- Wear high heels without getting tired after a couple of hours
- Eat sushi...raw fish...unlimited amount of hot dogs...keilbasa...oh drool
- Have as much caffeine as I want to...which isn't much...but I want the choice
- Stare at her all day and night long
- Smell her
- Touch her little feet and hands
- Take about 5 gazillion pictures
- Watch Jon hold our daughter
- See Peanut in the room that we lovingly refer to as the "Museum" aka the Nursery
- Lose sleep being up with the baby (yup, I'm sadistic like that)