Well, my friend Kari didn't stop at just running - she's also hosting a virtual Bake Sale. Read on for the details and information from her post or read the original one here.
Here's the basic idea:
To get more publicity, all bloggers who are offering up a baked good can briefly post about their participation on the selected day (and I'll link back to you on the auction post) and link back to the auction. I'm thinking about hosting the auction on my birthday, Saturday Feb 5. What do you think? Is anyone interested in participating (both on the baking or bidding end)? Bakers, please sign up here. You don't have to commit to anything right now, I'm just looking to gauge interest. I'll send a full email with rules, etc. to those who want to bake in a week or so. Those interested in bidding, just leave a comment so I can see what kind of interest we have! Thanks!! I'll even participate myself and bake a loaf of my fantastically awesome, incredibly delicious banana bread!
- Volunteers from blog land and anyone else we can wrangle into it volunteer to make a certain baked good
- I will post the list of items on a designated day that I'll announce well in advance
- Bidders have 24 hours to email in their bids in a sort of silent auction (highest bids will periodically be posted)
- At the end of the day winners will be announced
- Winners will have 24 hours to submit their donations or the next highest bidder will be contacted
- Bakers will have 3 days to send out their goods
- All donations would go to Kisses from Katie