To warm up, I started with a super simple recipe in a slow cooker. This Meatball Tortellini takes only a handful of ingredients (things you'd have around the house most of the time) and it's delicious.
Plus it gives me a chance to use the Program function on my super duper slow cooker.
So here's what you'll need:
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- I use cauliflower or broccoli instead because that's what I like
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- I use meatballs that Jon and I make and freeze; they're made with turkey and they're delicious
- 2 cups uncooked dried cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Jon and I do not like mushrooms but love this in the recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- If you don't have this on hand, you can substitute 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and paprika, and a pinch of cayenne pepper, dried thyme and ground cumin.
|I love tortellini!|
In your slow cooker combine the veggies, meatballs, and tortellini.
In a large bowl, whist the soup, water and Creole seasoning. Pour into the slow cooker and stir well.
Cover and cook on low setting for 3-4 hours or until the tortellini and vegetables are tender.
That's it. Wasn't that easy?
Dump the content into a bowl. Or a plate if you'd like.
And stick a fork in it.