Oh how I miss those games.
Then, a couple of years ago, Jon and I decided to get the Wii game system.
And you know what? I'm so freakin' glad we did it! Let me give you some pros.
- This is going to change your parties. Jon and I just love firing up the Wii and some friendly competition among buddies along with some good snacks and drinks. In this case, you'll also want Wii Party.
- You can download games from the old game systems. For like $5! We have Super Mario 3 and Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm obsessed.
- If you have Netflix (and we do!), you can watch all the streaming TV shows and movies offered by Netflix on your Wii! You heard that right. It's amazing. We're currently in the middle of Lie to Me Season 2. O B S E S S ED!
- When your parents or parents-in-law come over and you run out of things to talk about or do, you can just challenge them in the Wii Boxing game. Then once you beat your dad (sorry, Dad) and you're both sweating like pigs, he will decide that he wants it too. Which is awesome because you now have easy gifts to get for him for Christmas since there is an endless number of games!
- Your husband who is obsessed with golf can play on Wii. And you can save a buck or two. But you might have to watch it. I don't know what's worse, actually.
- It doesn't play Blu Ray. But we have a Blu Ray player so...I'm over it.
- The little sensor guy on top of my TV keeps falling behind the TV because this pregnancy's made me the world's clumsiest person and I'm too big to reach behind the TV to retrieve it. So I basically just sit there and whine until Jon gets it back. Then he shakes his head at me while I turn around and knock it off again. We'd tape it to the TV but we bring it into different rooms and to peoples' houses. It's too good to keep to yourself.
Here are some awesome games and accessories you might want:
As with all others, this is not a paid review. Just my personal opinion about gifts we're already received and love.
For more ideas (I add to this list all the time so don't forget to check back!), check out some other Holiday Shopping Ideas: