Banana-Chocolate Chip Biscotti aka - Heaven in a cookie that's super easy to make, especially if you have a banana that looks like it might rot any minute
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened (Do not use vegetable oil spreads)
1/2 cup mashed very ripe banana (1 medium) - (see? it even calls for almost-rotting banana!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour (do not use self-riding flour)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease large cookie sheet.
2. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Beat in banana, vanilla, and eggs until smooth. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 10 x 3 inch rectangle on cookie sheet with greased hands (dough will be sticky).
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
5. Cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slides. Turn slices cut sides down on cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and dry on top. Turn cookies. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Enjoy! Especially with a hot cup of tea. You dip the slices in, small piece at a time.