|Apple Wrapper Pie|
I absolutely love apple pie. This Apple Wrapper Pie is just like Apple pie, but super duper easy, takes less apples, and only uses one crust. Yah. I'm just as surprised and excited as you are.
- Pastry for One-Crust Pie (I buy mine at the store most of the time - yup, I'm lazy.)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- Granulated or Brown sugar to sprinkle on top if desired
Peel and cut up the apple.
Mix brown sugar and flour in a large bowl.
Stir in the apples and mound the apple mixture on the center of the pastry. Leave about 3 inches edges to wrap it up. Cut butter into small pieces and sprinkle over the apples. Now take the edges and fold them over the apples, making pleats to it lays flat on apples. Top with some sugar.
I maybe made my mound just a little too tall.
Oh well, somehow I think I'll live with it.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. To prevent excessive browning, cover the center of pie with aluminum foil.
Stick it back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet or wire rack.
Now, cut it up.
Put it on a plate, stick a fork in it