“One reason we struggle with insecurity: We’re comparing our behind-the-scenes to everyone else’s highlight reel.” Steven FurtickI loved it so much I'm going to do one as well. Along with some "behind the scenes" pictures. And, since this is so catchy, if you decide to create one too, link up!
- When people walk in, my house looks clean. So as long as you never look in the guest room (where there are piles of clean and dirty laundry, a baby bathtub, our read mail, and a whole bunch of other junk) or the basement (where we actually chuck things down the stairs and let it lay in a pile until one of us gets ticked off enough to clean it about once a month), it's true.
- To those that meet us, Jon and I might seem like a perfect couple. But we're just like every one else. And we fight. In fact, sometimes we fight dirty. The other night we actually got in a huge fight about leaving a baby bottle with milk out. Yup.
- A couple of weeks ago I cut a tiny little piece of Peanut’s finger off when I was trying to clip her nails. She was asleep and woke up screaming. Then I cried.
- Going back to work really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. At least for the first week. The second week was harder. By the third week I had to stop going to visit Peanut at lunch because I would drive back to work bawling. Things have gotten a little better since, but I still struggle with my “perfect mom” versus “I’m a career gal” image. I don’t think I’ll ever win.
- Since I’ve gone back to work, my perfect little chore list and scheduled life ended. I’m lucky if I get through some laundry, clean the floors once or twice a week, or put away…well, anything. I know a lot of you would throw your hands up and say, “oh well, we have a baby.” I don’t. I stress about it daily and usually take it out on Jon.
- I make a very big effort to dress nice for work and other outings. But if you came over unannounced, you would find me in sweatpants and a nursing tank. With no make up. And no contacts (and I always misplace my glasses so I just squint). And messy hair put up in a crazy messy ponytail on top of my head. Most of the time I also have spit up or other bodily fluids all over me and I just don’t care to clean it up.
Oh, and link up!