1. I’m 1/8th Chinese. I know you might not see it here:
but this is my grandpa.
2. I went to college for Computer Science. Then switched my major to Business Marketing halfway through. Got a job as an analyst and ended up switching over to IT a couple of years in. Hmm, what’s next?
3. I often have a recurring dream where I wake up back in Russia and everything that’s happened in my life so far has been a dream. What are the chances that this is true? And where did I learn to speak English?
4. I speak fluent English, Russian and French. Okay, my French is not-so-good anymore since I have no practice, but with a little help, I can usually pick it back up. I went to a math and language school back in Moscow that started a second language in second grade and a third one in 8th grade (that second language would have been English but I moved before we got there). Parlez-vous Francais?
5. I’ve always been and always will be a tomboy. Sure, it’s hard to see since I’ve gotten into make-up and pretty clothes, but ask my mom how long it took to get me into a dress when I was a kid and she’d just shake her head in frustration. Through most of my life my closest friends have been boys (with the exception of a few bestie girlfriends) and in college I chose to live with boys.
Got a Friday Five? Link up!
(to read more about Linking up, click here).