Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A glimpse - Day 2

This morning I woke up just before 6am to my usual “alarm” clock (aka the baby squealing and cooing in her crib).  I pulled her in to bed with us and breastfed her.


Around 6:20am she was finished and ready to play.  Jon got up and got in the shower while Peanut and I played in bed while I pumped.  Around 6:45am I finished pumping and Jon was finished getting ready, so I handed off the baby and got in the shower.


This morning I was on drop-off duty (we take turns dropping off and picking up), so once I was dressed and ready to go,




Jon handed the baby back to me, made us lunches, kissed us both goodbye, and headed out.  Peanut and I played for a bit,




packed up her daycare bag,




and headed out.


I dropped her off at daycare at 7:45am, grabbed myself a coffee at Starbucks, and headed for the office (today was promising to be a long day).


I had my coffee with two breakfast bars that really didn’t taste good, but I was starving by this time.


My day is so freakin’ busy, I won’t bore with too many details.  There was a lot of this:




and some of this:




At 10:30 am I went downstairs and pumped.  Usually I use that time to read some e-mails I haven’t had time to read, check up on facebook and Twitter, and catch up on some reading.


Right now I’m at the tail end of this awesome book:




At noon, I grabbed my lunch and ate it at my desk while continuing to work.




That’s a pepper turkey and cheese sandwich on a wheat thin with a side of goldfish.


I usually also eat a bunch of snacks throughout the day.  Today I had an apple, 2 Hershey kisses, two mini-Twix, 3 apricots, a cup of tea, another cup of coffee and a couple of bottles of water.


At 2:30 pm I had to pump again.  I’m almost finished with the book (it only took a couple of months in 5 minute increments).


Oh and there were some tweets.




That’s my conversation with Kari.  Who sits about 10 feet away from me but somehow I manage to only talk to her on Twitter during my pump “breaks.”


Everyone, say hi to Kari.




Around 3:30pm a co-worker that was in an airplane crash came by.  I spent some time chatting with him and everyone else, set him up on our video conference so everyone in the other offices could see him, and then headed to a meeting, late.  Which meant that I stayed at work late.  Jon picked up P at the regular time (around 5:15pm) while I hung back.


At 5:40pm I was finally ready to go home and made it there by about 5:55pm (yeah, I know, I have a tough commute).


I swooped in and grabbed my little Peanut, hugged and kissed her until she started squirming, then got her dinner ready.




She had some homemade yellow squash and zucchini around 6:15pm, then got in the bath.  Usually Jon does the bath while I clean up, but since he was on the phone with some pretty-important-but-way-too-personal-to-discuss-on-a blog call, I did the bath tonight. 




I don’t think she minded much.




By 6:45 pm we were all done and spent some time playing in Peanut’s room.










Around 7:10 pm Jon got off the phone and went to play with P while I started dinner.  By 7:20 she was ready for bed so I breastfed her while Jon finished dinner.  By 7:45pm she was sound asleep and Jon and I sat down to have dinner (at an actual dining room table. Weird, I know).




(Whole wheat pasta with tomatos, turkey, basil and red pepper flakes).


We both cleaned up after dinner and then assumed the position.




On the couch that is: I’m blogging (duh) while Jon is watching Pawn Stars.  At 9pm I’ll pump, make Peanut’s bottles and breakfast for the following day, and by 10 we’ll both head to bed.


  1. I think I need one of those bathtub ducks. They look fun.

    Also, your tupperware is in the sink at work. Someone stole mine.

  2. I need to chat with you about pumping schedules. Those days are coming way too soon. :/

  3. I am fascinated by this whole series. I love getting a peak into people's lives!

  4. I LOVE these posts! I guess they comfort me by the fact that you are a working mom with a little one and continuing to nurse after returning to work. I just feel like we have so much in common. I need to do this this as well, but guess I should wait until we get in the swing of things a little more since today was my first official day back at work. :) Lana

  5. I love these! I have stopped pumping (like I said last night), but I love seeing how other working moms do/did it. She is precious and lucky to have you as a mom.

  6. You are awesome! Keep up the great work!

  7. I love these daily life posts, it's so interesting to see what someone elses day looks like!

  8. Well done on two days of blogging, I'm going to try this next week(it'll probably kill me!) My husband has two computer screens like that, he works in IT too!

  9. I would love to do this, but 8-5 I sit at my desk and don't do jack. But then at home it would be a whirlwind with activities. I guess I might have to do it.

  10. I love this idea... I may have to try it out in a couple of weeks. That's a packed full day! Life of a working mom...!

  11. Whew, what a day! You guys sound like you are a great team and really efficient! Do you have a yard for your pups? trips to the dog park are a huge time suck for me and my husband!

  12. Your day makes me feel tired. :)

    It's so strange seeing the same toys in another house! I saw that VTech walker and I'm like "Hey, that's my baby's toy!" haha.

  13. OMG! I HAVE to know what toy that is that Addi is playing with in her pics (the one with the phone and the keyboard). That looks like something Katie would LOVE. You are so good at picking out great stuff for your Peanut. Please advise! ;-)


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.


Current Giveaway

Current Giveaway
$25 Amazon.com Gift Card

My Peeps

Tweet tweet


Follow by Email

Blogs I follow

Designs by Munchkin Land Designs. Copyright 2011. All rights reserved.